The Need ISI’s interactions with NGOs have indicated that up gradation of their financial management is a felt need to make them professionally better managed. It is therefore argued that a specialized short term programme for strengthening them in financial management and accounting will go a long way in improving their performance and effectiveness in terms of statutory requirements, reporting to sponsoring agencies and viably implementing their development projects with adequate cost control. Hence, this Specialized Training Programme on Financial Management and Accounting System for NGOs/INGOs is scheduled.
- Understanding the importance of accounting & financial management
- Concept of accounting for nonprofit organization and accounting terminology.
- Preparing statement of activities & statement of financial position.
- Preparing Budgeting, monitoring the budget and controlling
- Understanding the financial report, accounting statement and fund accountability statement for
- Donor agencies, Partners and stakeholders etc.
- Analyzing skill on financial data and modules of various financial reporting
- Employment tax calculation, VAT, TDS calculation according to current income tax act
- Concept & importance of Internal control system ICS for organization
- Concept of audit procedure.
- Other relevant information.
The methodology will be based on participatory learning. Case studies and group exercise will be extensively used to provide theoretical and conceptual understanding, besides training through classroom lectures on applied aspects of finance and accounts. Medium of instruction will be English.
Course is available for International Participants too!